Best-selling author Lori Beattie is back and this time she is connecting the city by bike. Pedal along the Bow River past the Peace Bridge before connecting to the East Village RiverWalk and St. Patrick’s Island. Disconnect and recharge on a ride around the Glenmore Reservoir. Enjoy big sky views from Royal Oak, Panorama Hills, Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park, the Dover escarpment, Scotsman’s Hill, and Fish Creek Provincial Park. Detailed maps lead you from river pathways into neighbourhoods, through parks, and past Farmers Markets and local shops where you can fill your panniers with fresh produce, spices and ingredients from around the globe. Calgary’s Best Bike Rides has something for everyone, including Lori’s suggestions on where to find the best locally made ice cream, craft beer and bagels. Connect, discover and explore Calgary by bike on these 50 curated cycle tours and pathway pedals.
- Detailed full colour maps for every ride
- Fantastic photos featuring Calgary’s iconic, quirky and awe-inspiring sights
- Detours, destinations, and suggested pit stops featured for every ride
- Afternoon ice cream pedals to full-day tour de Calgary rides
- LRT start options so you can leave your car at home
- Sidebars featuring tasty pit stops, mountain biking in Calgary, geology, First Nations history, botanical gardens, winter biking, wetlands, and why biking makes us happy!