Bestselling Alberta author Lori Beattie is back with an expanded and updated 2nd edition of her hugely successful compendium of Calgary’s best walks and urban jaunts. Take a mural walk through the Beltline followed by a café stop along 17 Avenue. Walk from Bowmont Park’s Waterfall Valley to the colourful Botanical Gardens of Silver Springs. Disconnect and recharge in the Weaselhead wilderness or alongside the Royal Oak wetlands. Stroll the East Village RiverWalk before stopping for a craft beer at a microbrewery in Inglewood. Soak up some big sky views from Bridgeland’s Tom Campbell’s Hill, the Paskapoo Slopes or Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park. Bring your kids, your dog and your sense of adventure. Detailed maps lead you through neighbourhoods and pocket parks, through off leash areas to hidden staircases, along paved river pathways and onto people-populated walking streets. Calgary’s Best Walks has something for everyone, including Lori’s favourite coffee shop suggestions for a post-walk treat. Absorb Calgary’s sights, scents and sounds on these 45 urban jaunts.
What’s New in the 2nd Edition?
- 10 new walk routes with full-colour maps
- 40+ suggested detours for the urban explorer to extend and expand walk routes
- 35 revised and updated walk route maps
- New wetlands and wilderness walkabouts
- More off-leash areas featured for pups and their people
- Even more tasty pit stop suggestions – cafés, ice cream and craft beer
- New photos and artwork throughout
- New content on topics ranging from First Nations history, geology, archaeology, botanical gardens, wetlands, and why walking makes us happy!